Jewelry In Film - My Cousin Rachel

Last night I dreamed of Manderley
no not really
But I did watch the film of the other great Daphne du Maurier tale
My Cousin Rachel
which stared a young Richard Burton and the verly lovely Olivia de Havilliand

If you haven't read the book or seen the film, the story revolves around a young man, Philip Ashley, who is on the verge of inheriting the coastal country estate of his late uncle.   He becomes romantically obsessed with his uncle's widow, Rachel, while simultaneously suspecting her of murdering his uncle.
Yeah, drama ensues.
Because of his obsession with Rachel he presents her with a magnificent pearl necklace that is entailed to the estate and then more drama ensues.
The entailed jewelry and how it is treated by Rachel plays an important part in the story and leads to Philip's final understanding of his cousin and her motives.

So, if you like classic films, Richard Burton and Daphne du Maurier
My Cousin Rachel is for you.